Hong Kong Style Steamed Cod Fish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 Cod Fish Steak (approximately 2.5 cm thick)
4 slices of ginger
1 1/2 tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp. of water
1 1/2 tbsp. of Shao Xing cooking wine
A dash of white pepper
2 tbsp. of oil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
A sprig of spring onion, chopped
1. Clean and pat dry cod fish.
2. Layer the plate with ginger slices, place the fish on top.
3. Bring fish to steam for 7 minutes on high heat.
4. Mix and quick boil the sauce. Set aside.
5. On another pan, fry the chopped garlic till crispy and golden brown.
6. Once the fish is done, discard the condensed liquid and bring the fish back to plate.
7. Reheat the sauce if needed, add a dash of white pepper and pour the sauce onto the fish.
8. Pour the hot garlic oil over the fish, garnish with spring onion and serve hot.