Prep Time: 30 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins Serves: 4
Ingredients: 2 duck breasts 1 tbsp. curry powder Spice blend: 30g ginger 50g shallots 20g garlic 1 lemongrass 3 petals of bunga kantang 2 dried chilies 2 cili padi Others ingredients 1 tbsp. oil 30g skinless peanuts, toasted 10g belacan, toasted and powdered
1 red capsicum, cut into chunk 1 tub plain yogurt 1 tbsp. curry powder 300ml water 1 star anise 1 cinnamon stick 2 kaffir lime leaf (chiffonade) 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 tbsp. lime juice (optional) Salt & pepper Brown sugar to taste
1. Marinade duck breasts for 30 mins.
2. Blend spices into paste.
3. Toast the peanuts and belacan.
4. Put the duck breasts in cold pan, skin side down, fry until golden. Transfer to oven for 8-10 mins, at 200C. Remove and rest for 10 mins. Slice the duck breasts.
5. Heat the wok, sauté the spice pastes till fragrant. Add in belacan.
6. Pour in a tub of low-fat plain yogurt. Add water and bring to boil.
7. Add in curry powder, star anise, cinnamon stick, crushed toasted peanuts and shredded kaffir lime leaves.
8. Bring back the duck breast slices into the wok. Stir well, cover and cook for 15 mins.
9. Season with fish sauce, salt & pepper. Add in the red capsicum. Adjust taste with brown sugar. Cook for another 5-7 mins.
10. Enjoy with a bowl of hot steaming rice.