Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
2 tbsp. extra virgin
1.5 chicken whole leg, chop into parts
1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
Salt & pepper
60g of chorizo
30g of pancetta, skinned
1 gig yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red capsicum, skinned and diced
100ml of white wine
500ml chicken stock
A pinch of saffron
150g diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
330g Arborio rice
4 big tiger prawns, deveined, leave the head and tail intact
180g squid, cut into ring
100g mussel meat
50g green peas
3 tbsp. of freshly chopped parsley
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper & paprika, marinade for 30 mins.
2. Heat pan, lightly sear chicken till brown. Set aside.
3. Same pan, sear chorizo and pancetta. Set aside.
4. Sweat chopped onion till translucent, add in garlic.
5. Add in red capsicum. Deglaze with white wine, bring to reduce.
6. Pour in chicken stock. Add a pinch of saffron. Add in diced tomatoes, sprinkle in smoked paprika. Bring back the chicken into the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes with lid on.
7. Add in rice, cook for 15 mins at a medium heat with lid on.
8. Once liquid evaporated as the same level of chicken, arrange prawns and squid nicely on the rice. Lid on and cook for 10 mins. Sprinkle more paprika on the seafood.
9. Place scallops and mussels on top, lid on for another 5 mins.
10. Add in chorizos and green peas and lid on for the final 3 mins. Off heat.
11. Garnish the rice with chopped parsley and lemon. Squeeze in lemon juice before serve.