XO Sauce Sotong Petai Fried Rice
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 1/2 cup of Basmati Rice (pre-cooked)
2 tbsp. of oil
1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
3 shallots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
5 petals of bunga kantan, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp. of XO sauce
1 squid, cut into ring
50g of petai, cleaned
1 tsp of chicken granules
1. Pre-cook rice as per the packet instruction. Allow to cool.
2. Heat wok, sauté lemongrass, shallots, garlic and bunga kantan till fragrant.
3. Add in XO sauce and squid, followed by petai.
4. Stir in rice and quick fry at high heat to achieve fluffy, slightly dry texture.
5. Season well and serve hot.
XO Sauce is an umami flavoring seafood chili paste mainly made with dried scallop, Jinhua ham, red chili pepper, dried shrimp, garlic and onion. This superior chili paste is good to be used as a table condiment or in cooking.